Monday, November 8, 2010

Rest of the Year

So I was reading the wife's blog the other day (here) when I realized that there are really only less than 2 more months left in this year (to be honest, at this point its only 6ish weeks because 1 is behind us and the 1 after Christmas doesn't count). And with that thought came the realization that there really is a lot left to do.

For November, I've got to get my VZW store into shape for the Christmas season: bring in at least 2-3 more employees and get some decent phones in stock (not as easy as it sounds when you aren't the ordering manager).

There's the half-week before Thanksgiving at UPS that is typically characterized by a busy Monday and Tuesday moving more frozen turkeys and hams than I care to count. Followed by a droll and quiet Wednesday where we sit around and wait for the volume to trickle in.

Then we've got Thanksgiving, going out to my parents' this year because we alternate each year between the two families. I've got to pick up my Mom's birthday present before this point because I'm going to give it to her on Thanksgiving (there's a reason for it, trust me.)

Then Black Friday at VZW, should be fun. Hopefully we actually make some money.

Then we're into December. I'm sure I'll be picking up at least another 10 hours per week at VZW and then about halfway to Christmas V-Sort will start at UPS (if I got onto the list this year, it all depends on who wanted to take it and who didn't), so I'll be up to around 40-45 hours at UPS and around 50-55 at VZW.

Then Peak Week, which this year will have a double dose of fun as I'm sure VZW will be just as crazy as UPS (yay for quadrupling volume in the span of 2-3 weeks!). Then Christmas Eve at the In-Laws, then Christmas at the Parents' then we're done!


No comments:

Post a Comment