Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Going back to work

So after having 11 days off from my primary employment, I had to go back to work last night. Surprisingly, however, it was a relatively painless experience.

I will say that it makes me feel good that nearly everyone who had anything to do with my area while I was gone expressed to me their gratitude in having me back. From nearly every employee in my area, to the coverage sup, to the Full-Time sup. It's definitely a boost when someone tells you that they don't know how you run the area without serious problems (questionable competency of the coverage sup not withstanding, she's not that bad to be honest so it's still a compliment.)

On top of the warm and fuzzies from that, I came in to find my area now somewhat OVER staffed, after dealing for almost 10 months with a chronic lack of employees to run with. 11 total employees when literally 2 months ago I was rocking out with 5. No one having to worry about multiple destinations and my heaviest locations get 2 people to pick off and load.

I was definitely a lot more energetic than I have been in recent weeks, thanks to that aforementioned long vacation and I'm definitely ready for the grueling hours that I'm sure to be putting in over the next two months. I signed up for extra time (after the night sort, starting at around 4 and running until 7-9am) on top of the additional time I'm likely to be putting in at my other job. Hopefully this translates into a lucrative holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment