Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Peak-In-Progress


So its Wednesday, Dec 15 and I'm two and a half days through "Bridge Week" (the week right before our official peak week.)

I started the week with my usual ,9 hour shift at my VZW Store, selling phones, putting together orders for other stores and the like. I decided to get as much sleep as possible so I took a few hour nap before going in to UPS.

Monday was busier than we have been for a while but I have a decent staff this year and we made it th heigh without a hitch. V Sort, on the other hand was pretty silly because of how they have  the supervisors distributed. Instead of having two Supervisors for two areas, they have me doing two belts, one of which gets pretty busy.

I made it through okay, went home me changed and went straight to Vzw. After that, I slept for maybe three hours and went back to UPS. Tuesday was a bit better than Monday but it was still draining.

At this point I've worked around 56 our of the last 72 hours and I have basically two shifts at each job before Friday night when I can try to catch up on sleep.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy and the more I suffer through this, the more I think they are right lol

But I'm going to power through because as of around 545 am I will be into straight pay, making $15/hr and, if my current trend of around 10 hours per day continues, I'll be making $22/hr all of Saturday.

Posted via Blogaway on my DroidX

No comments:

Post a Comment