Friday, October 29, 2010

To start with...


So I guess I should start with a bit of an introduction. I'm in my late 20's, married for just over two years and expecting our first child in February (a boy, Jaydran Alexander).

For work I have two jobs which I work around 70 hours per week (hence the name of the blog, imagine that).

At my first job, the one that I consider my primary employment, I work as a Front-Line Supervisor for UPS at their 2nd largest airhub in the US. I usually put in around 25 hours per week, though that typically doubles in mid to late December. I've worked there for almost 5 years (anniversary is in February). I manage a group of teamster employees as they load packages into air containers during the week and trailers in saturdays.

For my other job I am the Store Manager for a Verizon Wireless Authorized Agent. I put in around 45 hours per week, selling cell phones and managing a small team of sales reps. I also manage the warehouse for the company, receiving shipments of phones and accessories and filling/shipping orders for our various locations. I've been there since February, so around 10 mnths.

Now, typically people think that having the technically part-time job at UPS as my "Primary" job is backwards. But despite the less hours, UPS has better pay per hour, benefits and a definitely more stable career track.

In my free time (what little of it I have) I spend time with my wife, keep up with Android stuff, play some turns on Civilization 5 and try to spend some time reading and writing Sci-Fi novels.

My favorite author is David Weber, specifically his Honorverse novels (though his Safehold series has caught my attention).

Other than that, my life basically revolves around working and getting ready for the babeh! Since this is my first non-topic specific blog, feel free to make comments and suggestions.

Posted via Blogaway on my DroidX

No comments:

Post a Comment